TRAINING SUPPLY MARKET ANALYSIS
SUPPLY MARKET ANALYSIS
(2 days training)
While understanding of supply market has improved, there needs to be better understanding in contracting authorities of the suppliers and the markets in which they operate and how these shape the nature and availability of goods or services used by these authorities. Supply market analysis is a technique which enables a contracting authority to understand how a market works, the direction in which a market is heading, the competitiveness of a market, the key suppliers and the value that suppliers place on the contracting authority as a customer. This can help inform, improve and shape the tendering process leading to improved procurement outcomes such as better value for money or service, reduced prices or achieving whole of government outcomes.
a. To develop an in-depth understanding of the supply market for products/services/capital equipment purchased
b. To identify and evaluate key players in the supply market
c. To analyze industry trends and forces
d. To provide hands-on training in gathering industry information
e. To prepare a Supply Market Analysis Report for use in sourcing and negotiation
f. To enhance the credibility of buyers/commodity managers with the power of knowledge.
OUTLINE MATERI :
1. Conducting the analysis of supply market
• Before commencing any market analysis, the relevant individual or group in the contracting authority should consider the aims and objectives of this research so that the analysis will provide the answers required within the time available. For example the individual or group may want to consider whether the contracting authority is seeking
• a reduction in cost and requires information on how the market prices a particular good or service
• to understand the range of suppliers in the market and the goods/services they provide in order to develop an appropriate specification
• to understand the latest trends in technology in a particular sector
• achieve a specific whole of Government objective such as developing an innovative product or service, achieving a specific environmental standard or a particular social objective
2. Analytical framework for supply market analysis
The information gathered during the research phase can be analised using the supply market analysis framework which provides a structure for the analysis. This framework can be used to examine the supply market for a good or service and focuses on five key areas;
• Market structure
• Supply chain
• Substitute goods and services
• The contracting authority’s value as a customer
3. Better knowledge of supplier strategy
Understanding how individual suppliers operate, their market position, why they want to deal with the contracting authority and understanding their longer term goals helps obtain value for money. Analising supply markets may:
• Provide valuable information about suppliers’ strengths and weaknesses. For example, the contracting authority may discover that a particular supplier is keen to win a Government contract or a supplier may have difficulty fulfilling orders.
• Identify comparable substitute goods and services that may be available from more competitive and less risky supply markets and could offer better value for money
• Understand which suppliers are more technologically advanced in particular sectors
• Identify opportunities to better manage the supply chain1 that will reduce the cost of purchasing goods or services
• Allow the contracting authority to become aware of all potential suppliers (in a market with a limited number of suppliers, it is advantageous for the contracting authority to encourage all suppliers to tender).
• Provide a sound understanding of the contracting authority’s attractiveness as a customer for the supplier. The more important the contracting authority is to the supplier in terms of the business generated the more likely better service and price becomes available from that supplier.
4. Manage risk for the contracting authority
• Analising supply markets assists in determining the risks involved in purchasing particular goods or services. It can also identify ways to manage these risks. Analising supply market may:
• Assist in the development of specifications to encourage competitive offers and reduce the possibility of purchasing goods or services which are not fit for purpose. Specifications are often set which are too restrictive and reduce the number of potential suppliers. This is often the result of a limited knowledge of alternatives.
• Identify opportunities to increase the base of suppliers to meet the needs of contracting authorities.
5. More informed contracting authority
One of the aims of the procurement management reform process is to help create a more informed contracting authority. With market analysis, the contracting authority understands how technology and other factors are driving changes in the market for the particular goods or services it requires. The contracting authority understands how goods and services are priced and how service quality and standards are set by suppliers. Contracting authorities who understand markets and suppliers are better able to develop tenders which reflect conditions in that market. Indeed they are able to help develop the market or suppliers so it can provide the goods or services necessary to the functioning of the contracting authority. They are also able to deal with suppliers on a more equal basis when contracts are in place.
6. Allow for the identification of opportunities to advance government priorities
Government policy requires value for money outcomes from procurement and this can include achieving whole of Government objectives. Procurement can assist in the development of environmental or social initiatives or it can become a force for innovation and help support small and medium enterprises to develop their potential. An informed knowledge of the market and the capabilities of suppliers can help bring a better approach to achieving whole of government objectives when contracting authorities are tendering. Thus, an informed knowledge of the ICT sector may allow for a tender which seeks an innovative response from the small business software sector. A better understanding of changes in environmentally friendly technology could help improve environmental outcomes from procurement.
• Do suppliers compete on quality, service, price and/or other factors
• What are the trends in the supply market (for example, has product price consistently been reducing)
• Is there any obvious competitive advantage held by a supplier
• Are there any trade restrictions in the market
• Is there impact of any trade, consumer or environmental legislation
• What is the position of the product in its product life cycle, early, middle or late?
8. Supply Chain
• What firms make up the supply chain
• How complex is the supply chain
• What does each member of the supply chain contribute to the end product (the level of value-adding)
• What are the delivery or transportation methods in the supply chain
• Are there any potential areas of supply vulnerability within the chain
• Are there any more efficient sources of supply
General Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Marketing Manager, Purchasing Manager, Staff who was related for this training
Karyawan yang berhubungan dengan analisis persediaan pasar, atau analisis ketersediaan pasar atau analisis pasar.
• Case Study
Dra. MC. Maryati, MM dan Team
(Pakar dalam bidang Sales and Marketing, akademisi dan sekaligus praktisi, yang telah berpengalaman dalam memberikan pelatihan supply market analysis untuk organisasi/perusahaan milik pemerintah maupun swasta)
Jadwal Pelatihan Berdiklat Training 2019 :
- 15 sd 16 Januari 2019
- 29 sd 30 Januari 2019
- 12 sd 13 Februari 2019
- 26 sd 27 Februari 2019
- 5 sd 6 Maret 2019
- 19 sd 20 Maret 2019
- 9 sd 10 April 2019
- 23 sd 24 April 2019
- 7 sd 9 Mei 2019
- 21 sd 22 Mei 2019
- 12 sd 13 Juni 2019
- 25 sd 26 Juni 2019
- 9 sd 10 Juli 2019
- 23 sd 24 Juli 2019
- 13 sd 14 Agustus 2019
- 27 sd 28 Agustus 2019
- 10 sd 11 September 2019
- 24 sd 25 September 2019
- 8 sd 9 Oktober 2019
- 22 sd 23 Oktober 2019
- 5 sd 6 November 2019
- 21 sd 20 November 2019
- 3 sd 4 Desember 2019
- 17 sd 18 Desember 2019
Catatan : Jadwal dapat menyesuaikan dengan kebutuhan anda.
Biaya dan Lokasi Pelatihan :
- Jakarta : Hotel Amaris Kemang, Amaris Tendean,Trinity Hotel, Ibis Budget | Biaya Pelatihan : Rp. 7.500.000 / peserta(Minimal 2 Peserta).
- Bandung : Hotel Santika, Hay Hotel,Ibis Style, Novotel Hotel, Golden Flower Hotel, 1O1 Hotel, Grand Tjokro Hotel, Tune Hotel, Four Point by Sheraton Hotel | Biaya Pelatihan : Rp. Rp. 7.000.000 / peserta(Minimal 2 Peserta).
- Yogyakarta : Hotel NEO+ Awana, Cordela Hotel,Ibis Style, Boutique Hotel, Cavinton Hotel, Mutiara Hotel, Dafam Malioboro Hotel, Prima Inn Hotel | Biaya Pelatihan : Rp. 6.500.000 / peserta(Minimal 2 Peserta).
- Surabaya : Novotel Hotel, Ibis Center Hotel, HARRIS Hotel, Favehotel, Alana Hotel | Biaya Pelatihan : Rp. 6.800.000 / peserta (Minimal 2 Peserta).
- Malang : Amaris Hotel, The 1O1 Hotel, Ibis Style Hotel, El Hotel, Whiz Prime Hotel | Biaya Pelatihan : Rp. 6.800.000 / peserta (Minimal 2 Peserta).
- Bali : Ibis Kuta, Fontana Hotel, HARRIS Hotel & Conventions | Biaya Pelatihan : Rp. 6.500.000 / peserta (Minimal 3 Peserta).
- Lombok : Favehotel, Novotel Lombok, D Praya Hotel | Biaya Pelatihan : Rp. 7.000.000 / peserta (Minimal 3 Peserta).
Catatan : Biaya diatas belum termasuk akomodasi/penginapan. Apabila ada pertayaan mengenai materi, biaya, lokasi, jadwal dan penawaran lainnya, hubungi kami di nomor 0823-2382-3308 atau 0853-2672-5665 .
Fasilitas Pelatihan di Berdiklat Training :
- Penjemputan dari Hotel/Bandara/Stasiun/Terminal.
- Training Kit (Dokumentasi photo, Blocknote, ATK, Flashdisk, dll).
- Transportasi Peserta ke tempat pelatihan.
- 2x Coffe Break & 1 Lunch (Makan Siang).
- Training Room Full AC and Multimedia.
- Free Bag or Bagpackers (Tas Training).
- Softfile Foto Training
- Sertifikat Pelatihan.
- Souvenir Exclusive.